Saturday, April 12, 2014

Review: Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur Body Mist


I purchased this item on a whim while at WalMart. I had a little extra money and found myself browsing the perfume aisle. I was first attracted to the bottle that it was in, and then I saw Rihanna's name and figured, 'hey, Rihanna probably smells nice, I wouldn't mind smelling like her.' So I bought the body mist, but the only thing is that I didn't realize it was a body mist and not a perfume (which explains a lot). I should have realized that from the price, though. But either way, the money has been spent and I have been using this body spray for about a month now and figured I'd share my experience with it.

Body Mist vs. Perfume

Before I start the actual review, I think it is necessary to describe the difference between a body mist and a perfume. I didn't know the difference until just recently, and it really is great information to have when looking at fragrances to purchase. A perfume has a stronger scent that lasts for long periods at a time. The formula has more oils and less water, making the scent more prominent. Now, a body mist is basically a watered down version of a perfume. It only lasts for about an hour at a time and the scent is a lot more subtle upon application.

Packaging

Since this is just a body mist, it does not come in any sort of box or fancy bottle. The bottle is plastic, and the decoration on the outside it just a sticker. It still looks elegant and appealing when sitting on my dresser, though. I purchased it with the sticker coming undone just a bit in the back, but when I display the bottle with the verbage facing forward, you can't even see it. Overall, it is a sturdy and cute bottle - it looks much more expensive than it is.

The Smell

When testing this in the store, the smell immediately drew me in. I usually am able to classify the different types of perfumes/body mists on a scale of fruity to spicy. This perfume is definitely on the spicy side - it has a punch to it that not everybody is fond of, but when applied, the smell is pleasant to all noses. My mother hates the spicier scents, but she complimented me before heading out one night and told me that I smelled nice.

Now, when this is actually applied, I feel like the smell just vanishes in the air and doesn't even stick to my body. As soon as I leave my room, the smell feels like it's gone. Usually when I wear a perfume, I can catch a whiff of it every now and then - my perfumes usually stick to my hair, so if my hair moves a certain way, I can smell it. With this one, the smell is gone the second I spray it.

I'd say that body mists last for about an hour on average. It is definitely a product that you'd need to keep on applying if you plan on having a long day. However, this body mist seems to last me about twenty minutes, even when I'm not sweating up a storm or on the run. It just doesn't stick - the smell vanishes so quickly and because the bottle is so clunky, it'd be too awkward to carry in my purse for reapplication.

Overall, I'd say that this body mist isn't even worth the $7.98 I spent on it. I honestly think that purchasing a body mist is a complete waste of money unless it's for a younger girl to play with. It could be a nice refresher after PE or working out just to help mask any sweaty or musky smell you might have, but even then it'll only help for a short period of time. I think that anybody would be better off just forking out the extra money to get a perfume, not a body mist.

1 comment: